Christmas Joy Offering
WHAT IS THE CHRISTMAS JOY OFFERING?...
A WAY TO SHARE GOD'S LOVE ALL SEASON LONG.
Advent and Christmas are times to celebrate the arrival of "the true light" (John 1:9). The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) provides the opportunity for congregations to join this celebration by supporting those in need of help and hope.
The Christmas Joy Offering applied $953,091 of funds raised last year toward integral operating expenses, like materials and program support. Thanks to you, most importantly, it provides financial assistance to individuals and families that have dedicated their lives to the church, and supports education and leadership development for students attending Presbyterian-related schools and colleges.
Alongside the message of promise and fulfillment, we also hear the encouraging words, "The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it" (John 1:4).
When we give, the light of Christ also shines through us and illuminates those in need.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The Christmas Joy Offering has been a cherished Presbyterian tradition since the 1930s.
- The Offering distributes gifts 50/50 to the Assistance Program of the Board of Pensions and Presbyterian-related racial ethnic schools and colleges.
- The Assistance Program provides integral financial support to church workers and their families.
- Presbyterian-related schools and colleges not only provide education and spiritual leadership, they nurture racial and ethnic heritage.
- You can learn more at presbyterianmission.org/christmasjoy.